These air fryer potato and carrot skins take only a few minutes to make, are nutritious, virtually calorie-free, and taste delicious!
Cooking them in an air fryer helps to achieve the crispy texture without using any oil.
But you can bake them at the same, low temperature in a toaster oven or oven.
Sharing is Caring!
Please click the icons above to share by email and on social media!
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
For this recipe, I used locally grown sweet potatoes and carrots. I added a few thin slices of onion as well.
I washed and dried the sweet potatoes and carrots well, then peeled them. I tossed the peels with the spices in a bowl with a little bit of cooking spray. Then I placed them in the air fryer and set the time for 8 minutes, and temperature to 275 Fahrenheit. Halfway through, I removed the tray and tossed them to prevent them from cooking unevenly.
After 8 minutes, I checked to make sure the skins looked firm and crispy. Then I transferred the skins to a bowl.
The recipe is possibility the easiest health snack ever!
Air Fryer Potato & Carrot Skins
- ½ cup potato and/or sweet potato peels
- ½ cup carrot peels
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- Cooking spray optional
- Wash 2 potatoes and 2 carrots well, scrubbing all of the dirt off the exterior, then dry well.
- Using a peeler, peel them and place the peels in a bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Coat with cooking spray if desired. Toss well.
- Place the peels in the fryer tray.
- Set the fryer at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 8 minutes, then press start.
- After 4 minutes, remove the tray, toss the peels, then finish cooking.
- Transfer to a bowl for snacking.
- These crispy skins are best eaten immediately. They will soften if stored in the refrigerator.