When I made this creamy, tangy dairy-free sour cream, it turned out tasting just like ranch dressing! It’s so easy to make, vegan and plant-based without added oil. The best part: it contains one single ingredient–sunflower seeds–plus condiments and spices. It’s truly a wunderkind spread that I’ll be making again and again.
This recipe makes approximately 2 cups with a thick consistency. Once it’s made, add 1 Tbsp water to ¼ cup of the cream to make a thinner dressing consistency.
This cream/dressing is great to use for:
- Spread in sandwiches and wraps
- Dressing for salads and grain/Buddha bowls
- Cream cheese spread on bagels
- Dip for chips and fresh vegetables
Subscribe to my healthy eating and lifestyle blog here or follow me on Facebook for more healthy lifestyle shares!
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Dairy-Free Sour Cream / Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds soaked in water at least one hour or overnight then drained
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ¼ cup filtered water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried dill weed or 1/4 cup fresh dill
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Pinch of turmeric
- Combine all the ingredients in a Cuisinart or blender and blend for 3-5 minutes, until smooth.
- Sprinkle fresh or dried dill weed on top for color.