These fluffy Nutella muffins are made with nut-free chocolate spread and non-dairy ingredients, so they’re vegan and safe for people with nut allergies. You can use any type of chocolate spread for the recipe–they’ll turn out just as delicate and delicious.
Subscribe here for weekly email updates to her healthy passport! Or, follow me on Facebook here.
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Nutella Muffins–Vegan & Nut-Free
- 1 cup milk of your choice I prefer soy milk because it’s high in protein.
- ½ cup chocolate spread I used homemade nut-free chocolate spread. Feel free to use Nutella if desired.
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp liquid vanilla or vanilla paste
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour or millet flour for a gluten-free version
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine the wet ingredients together, then mix well until fluffy.
- SIFT the dry ingredients into a bowl, then mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients then mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat muffin/cupcake tin cups with cooking spray, or line with cupcake liners.
- Pour batter into 8 cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until firm.
- Store in the refrigerator/freezer.