This vegan recipe for strawberry popcorn with maple syrup-coated peanuts is such a fun, guilt-free way to celebrate Valentines Day (or any day!) with friends and loved ones. You can eat this vegan food as a snack, but its works as a light, low-calorie dessert as well.
This candied strawberry popcorn is delicious, vegan, dairy-free, sugar-free and gluten-free. Now, the best part: it doesn’t involve cooking or baking and takes 10 minutes to make! You can easily roll them into balls or place in cups as shown in the recipe.
Subscribe here for weekly email updates to her healthy passport or follow me on Facebook here for more healthy lifestyle shares.
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Strawberry Popcorn with Maple Syrup-Coated Peanuts
- 8 cups salted popcorn equivalent to one bag of microwave popcorn
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup salted peanuts or seeds of your choice
- ¼ cup powdered freeze-dried strawberries Pulse freeze-dried strawberries in a spice blender or Cuisinart to make a power consistency.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the syrup and peanuts, mixing until the nuts are well coated.
- Add the syrup/nut mixture to the popcorn, and gently toss together.
- Scoop handfuls of popcorn into 12 8-ounce clear glasses, wine glasses, or decorative paper cups.
- If you’re serving fewer than 12, adjust the portion size and serve in larger clear glasses or glass bowls.
- Pour the strawberry powder into a sift. Sift over the cups until each one is coated with pink powder.