These tacos stuffed with my recipe for vegan chorizo and topped with my recipe for vegan queso fresco are so easy to make and packed with protein and flavor. The chorizo only takes 15 minutes, and the cheese sauce only takes 5 minutes to make. Let’s also mention that this meal is totally gluten-free, oil-free, and vegan/dairy-free. And, yes, it’s delicious!
Both ingredients are excellent sources of protein for these meals:
-Tacos, burritos, wraps and nachos
– Baked potatoes, grain/Buddha bowls and salads
This recipe makes 12 small tacos—a meal for 4 people with 3 tacos for each person. Adjust the portions based on how many people you’re serving—serving for even one person works!
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
- Plant-based chorizo made from 1 container of tofu
- 1 cup plant-based queso / cheese sauce add ¼ cup water and mix to thin out the sauce
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- 1 cup green vegetable of your choice cooked and finely chopped -- broccoli spinach or kale
- 1 avocado finely chopped – optional
- Assemble the taco shells in shell holders or on a plate. Stuff the tacos in layers with 1 Tbsp of each ingredient. Top with avocado and/ or fresh parsley.