You may be wondering: what is chorizo? Chorizo is a sausage crumble traditionally made from beef used as a protein source in meals. I’m here to tell you that it’s really easy to make vegan chorizo. This vegan chorizo recipe is much healthier that beef chorizo because it’s fat-free. It might just be the best vegan chorizo around; it’s made with baked tofu and packed with protein and flavor, and only takes 15 minutes to make.
Vegan chorizo made from baked tofu is an excellent source of protein source for these meals:
-Tacos, burritos, wraps and nachos
– Baked potatoes, grain/Buddha bowls and salads
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
- 1 block EXTRA FIRM tofu soft or regular firm tofu will be too soft and mushy to achieve the crumble consistency
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped or 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ cup onion thinly sliced or shopped or1 tsp dried onion
- 1 tsp garlic paste or powder or 1 Tbsp freshly chopped
- 1 tsp red or white vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper I prefer smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crumble the tofu into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all the herbs and spices except for the parsley and combine well.
- Spread onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray or covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- When serving, sprinkle parsley on top.