These vegetarian patties made with root vegetables, sweet potatoes and chickpea flour are delicious and filling. The use of beets and red cabbage mimics the rich, maroon color of a red meat burger. The beauty of these patties is that they’re not processed, nor do they contain any fat or oil, unlike store-bought meat replacement products. So they are 100% whole food plant-based.
Serve with my Dairy-Free Sour Cream / Ranch Dressing alone or as a burger with a bun. These patties might just become your favorite seasonal winter snack or meal!
Subscribe to my healthy eating and lifestyle blog here or follow me on Facebook for more healthy lifestyle shares!
This post may contain affiliate links that allow us to earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Vegetarian “Red Meat” Patties
- 1 sweet potato peeled boiled then mashed
- 1 cup cabbage red or green shredded or finely chopped
- 1 cup beets shredded or finely chopped
- 1 cup carrots peeled then shredded or finely chopped
- ½ cup celery shredded or finely chopped
- ½ cup onion shredded or finely chopped
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 Tbsp fresh garlic finely chopped or garlic paste or 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper I prefer smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dill seeds or 1/4 cup fresh dill finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients separately.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into 4 patties.
- Place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray or covered with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
These patties can be eaten as a meal burger-style in a bun, in a tortilla wrap, or alone as a snack.